- Women Give San Diego (WGSD) envisions sustainable economic self-sufficiency and security for women and girls in San Diego County.
- WGSD funds non-profit organizations in San Diego County that offer underserved women and girls the opportunity to enhance their participation in our regional economy and become fully engaged in the prosperity of their local communities.
- WGSD advocates for public awareness of women’s economic issues at the local level and for systems change at the state level.
- WGSD’s model for change balances education, community collaboration, and strategic and effective grant-making.
- Equal rights and opportunities for women and girls
- Female-centered: Honor the unique way in which women approach issues
- Collaboration and leverage
Women Give San Diego is a donor circle of the Women’s Foundation of California, with members of all ages!
Meet Our Founders
Gayle Tauber, June Tuttleman and Linda Katz
Women Give San Diego was established in September, 2009 by Founders June Tuttleman, Gayle Tauber and Linda Katz, with the vision that a community fully thrives only when its women and girls are able to contribute to and influence its well-being and prosperity. Women Give San Diego is a donor circle of San Francisco based, Women’s Foundation of California. Women Give San Diego’s model for change balances education, advocacy, community collaboration, and strategic, effective grant-making.
Meet Our Co-Presidents
Sabrina Martucci Johnson and Morgan Justice-Black
Sabrina Martucci Johnson joined WGSD in 2011 and has been a co-chair for the Community Engagement Team for the past several years. She is a life sciences executive who currently serves as the CFO/COO for Calibr, the California Institute for Biomedical Research. She is also the President and CEO of DARE Bioscience, where she is working to bring new and innovative women’s health products to market. In the community, Sabrina is dedicated to organizations that serve women and girls and promote education. She serves on the YWCA of San Diego County Board of Directors as Vice President and Treasurer, PPPSW Board of Directors as Treasurer, Athena Board of Directors, Tulane University School of Science & Engineering Board of Advisors, University of California San Diego Librarian’s Advisory Board, and Project Concern International Audit Committee.
Morgan Justice-Black has been a member of WGSD since the Spring of 2011, participating in the Grants Team and the Communications Team. She is a nonprofit executive with a decade of experience in fundraising, event planning, public relations and volunteer management. She currently serves as the Director of Development for I Love A Clean San Diego. A San Diego native, her community engagement includes a long history of serving in various leadership roles within the Junior League of San Diego and volunteering weekly with Animal Rescuers Without Borders.
Meet Our Treasurer
Pamela Evans Mudd was a founding member of WGSD. She spent her professional career in finance and operations, culminating in the creation of Musicmatch, the internet’s first digital music software company. Since then, she has worked on the boards of various local non-profit organizations, focusing primarily on women’s issues and food insecurity. She is currently the director of Smart Food Foundation.
132 Members and Growing
We live and work throughout San Diego, but we come together as a dynamic accelerator for change. We combine our resources, talents and interests so that we can have a far-reaching impact in our community. In the process, we build relationships with each other – all like-minded women with common values and goals for a better community where women and girls thrive as participating community members.