Who We Are
Women Give San Diego is a giving circle of Catalyst of San Diego and Imperial Counties, with 155+ multi-generational members.
We are a diverse community of women who bring differing experiences and perspectives to our work, and we are focused on creating a welcoming environment for those who are not sufficiently represented within our membership. We welcome all women, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, age, ability status, body type, economic status, sexuality, gender or non-binary identity. Together we foster a supportive, inclusive and equitable space, so that everyone has the opportunity to experience fulfillment in service to our community and to each other. Click here to learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Use a race equity lens within programs, grantmaking and advocacy
- Prioritize funding to organizations serving historically under-resourced communities or are led by frontline leaders who reflect the communities they champion
- Embrace “Mutual Aid” as a solution strategy – Equity is a product of a loving and caring community
- Ensure grant partners incorporate kindness in policies, i.e. equitable pay, family leave, etc.
Click here to learn more about our founders and leadership.
What we do
- Women Give San Diego funds programs that help women and girls of San Diego achieve economic self-sufficiency and security. Through our eight working committees, we work to identify and support our grant partners, educate and advocate for women’s issues, and mentor each other to create close working and personal relationships.
- We partner with nonprofit organizations in San Diego County that offer historically and systemically under-resourced women and girls the opportunity to enhance their participation in our regional economy and become fully engaged in the success of their local communities.
- We challenge ourselves to recognize privilege and intersectionality, while engaging in ongoing self-reflection with the goal of intentional change.
- We educate our members on women’s economic, gender, racial and social justice issues.
- We understand that we are modeling for each other and for the next generation of women leaders and philanthropists.
- We intentionally maintain a multi-generational membership, respecting and incorporating the viewpoints of women across the spectrum of life experiences.
- We create policies and actions that are free of partisan politics.
- WGSD events are fundraising-free and sales-free zones.