The Women Give San Diego Fellowship Program is an outreach initiative to encourage diversity and inclusion within the organization’s membership by offering incentives to prospective members who are part of diverse communities. These include, but are not limited to ethnically or racially diverse, economically diverse, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans and military spouses, or age-defined communities. For others who may be unable to afford membership at this time, we hope that the Fellowship Program will make it possible for them to participate. In summation, Women Give San Diego has launched this program to seek to understand systemic barriers to entry that some may face when considering membership.
Women Give San Diego’s ultimate goal is to build a membership that is inclusive of and representative of our community because we know that this will create a stronger organization, more informed grantmaking, and a fostering of connections among amazing San Diego women who might not otherwise meet. We believe the result of a membership that is more reflective of the communities that we serve is that WGSD ultimately will have greater impact on the economic self-sufficiency of women and girls in San Diego County.
Benefits and Expectations of Participation
Women Give San Diego provides the following benefits for one year:
- Membership underwritten for one year (may be renewed for up to one additional year; 2 years total)
- Membership to Catalyst of San Diego and Imperial Counties and related resources
- Invitations to community events (based on availability)
- Access to leadership development opportunities (when applicable)
- Networking opportunities with business and community leaders
Regular attendance at WGSD membership meetings and events is encouraged.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a part of a diverse community; a community underrepresented in philanthropy;
- Not be a current member of WGSD;
- If able, continue paid membership in WGSD at the conclusion of the fellowship period;
- Attend membership meetings, programs, and events;
- Join one of WGSD’s leadership teams
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to the Women Give San Diego Fellowship Program, download this WGSD Fellowship Application.